251 Syrian Government-Assisted Refugees settled in five communities outside of Metro Vancouver in 2016. Learn more about these individuals and their settlement experiences in new report released by ISSofBC on June 6, 2017: Syrian Government-Assisted Refugees (GARs) to British Columbia: A Roadmap to Integration for GARs destined outside Metro Vancouver.
- The report is based on a telephone survey of 45 Syrian GAR heads of households representing over 250 individuals who arrived in BC between February and April 2016.
- Individuals were interviewed on a range of settlement-related issues including:
- English language and education/training
- Health and family well-being
- Family reunification
- The report gives insight into successes and challenges of refugees settling in different regions across BC, including smaller centres & remote cities.
Download a copy of the report: http://issbc.org/Syrian-GARs-to-BC